You are agreeing to our terms and conditions below by making a reservation
1. The contract entered into is between the owners of Gilling Old Mill holiday cottages Neville and Amanda Bird and the person completing the booking. The contract is not effective until the required payment has been received and confirmation sent from the owners to the hirer.
2. Bookings can only be accepted from persons over 18 years of age and by paying the deposit he or she agrees to the terms and conditions on behalf of the total party intending to stay in the holiday accommodation.
3. Reservations can be accepted by online booking or telephone or by post, a confirmation will be sent when the deposit is paid within 7 days of the booking. The balance must then be paid no later than 6 months before the holiday is due to start, this date will be included with your confirmation.
No reminder will be sent
We reserve the right to cancel the booking if the balance is not paid by the due date and retain the deposit. For bookings made less than 6 months from the start of the holiday the full cost is due within 7 days of the booking. Cheques should be made payable to Neville Bird.
Holiday dates may be changed providing the property is available for the new dates and the owner is agreeable to the change. A £30 re-booking charge will be payable. The owner reserves the right to charge a security deposit (£100) at certain periods. This deposit will be refunded to you during the week following your holiday, with deductions for any breakages or damage done to the property.
4. Force Majeure we cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, epidemics, acts of any government or public authority, changes imposed by rescheduling or airlines or any event outside our control.
5. Insurance is strongly recommended. We advise you that you should arrange appropriate insurance cover to safeguard against holiday cancellation.
6. None availability of property if for any reason beyond our control the property is not available, all monies will be refunded in full and we will not be liable for any further claims.
7. Damage loss and insurance – you are responsible for the property during your stay and should be in good order and left in a clean condition upon departure. Any damages or breakages must be reported to the owners prior to departure, no attempt should be made to repair or replace items. The hirer agrees to not cause nuisance or annoyance to nearby neighbours. The owners reserve the right to have reasonable access to the property at any time. The total number staying in the properties shall not exceed the stated capacity of the property. Smoking is NOT permitted in the properties and pets are only allowed in the Dovecote property. We cannot accept any responsibility for personal injury to you as guests or holidaymakers or for loss of property or for other matters over which we have no control.
8. Occupancy shall be from 16.00 hours on the day of arrival to 10.00 hours on the day of departure, unless prior arrangements have been made. It would be much appreciated if guests could arrive before sunset as it may be dark.
9. Descriptions are for guidance only, and every effort is made to ensure that they are accurate, however, if there are any points of particular importance please contact the owner to clarify information. Whilst the owner has taken all responsible steps to ensure that the information contained in its advertisements are accurate the owners reserves the right to alter, substitute or withdraw any service, facility or amenity.
10. Complaints should be taken up with the owners as soon as possible and in any event before departure to allow remedial action to be taken. It is specifically agreed that failure by the hirer to notify the owner of any complaints in accordance with the timescale set out will entitle the owner to refuse to entertain the complaint irrespective of its merits.
11. Fire safety, only firewood can be burned on the wood burner, no charcoal or coal to be burned in the wood burning stove, please take great care when starting the attending to the fire, do not leave the wood burner unattended. Please ensure the fire is extinguished before you vacate the accommodation.
12. NO camp fires are to be set up outside.
13. Noise policy, we operate a strict quiet after 10.30 pm.
14. Breach of these terms and conditions will result in the owners terminating your booking and requiring you to vacate the property immediately. No refunds will be made.